Welcome!!! I have decided to take a journey deep into my inner self to discover a deeper sense of peace and maybe even to get some of life's most puzzling questions answered. Feel free to join me on this journey and leave your thoughts...

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Discrimination...Part 1

Others feel that I should get a life and they’ve told me so. Their attitude is that there must be something missing in my life for me to have to focus on depressing things in the world. So I guess in their opinion, if I was truly happy, I’d
1. have something better to do…
and
2. wouldn’t care as much...
Even I believe there’s some truth to this...I would be distracted.

This saddens me because I wish that all people could have the life that I’ve had and know the love that I’ve known…but things always get so complicated. Complications cloud my mind…
You know, a lot of the times I think I have a gift to give to the world but I feel that the world justs want the "bottom line"…or they just want to forget, or make excuses.

There is always discrimination in some form or fashion. What I would like to see is a world where no one is discriminated against, no client, no employee. If I could create a utopian world, I would create a world where discrimination would END. Everyone would approach relationships from a therapeutic standpoint. At the age of 18, everyone would be trained in Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) by the Crisis Prevention Institute. People would walk around knowing how to de-escalate escalating behaviors and resolve conflicts and would choose to do so.

A world where lawyers were not merely vultures picking over the remains of their latest carcass. A world where people could just “get along.” In this world, the EEOC would just exist as a precautionary measure, not because people are actually discriminated against!

One can only dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment